Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A little time off

Not much being done on the house recently. Last weekend we spent some time with Grace's folks and managed to just take it easy. I got up late, did a little work, had breakfast, then napped until almost noon. That was NICE! Before we left, though, we managed to pick up another 18 foot 2x8, and sister another joist, this time completely on our own. I've got some pics from that one, just haven't posted it yet.

This past weekend, Grace had a personal trainers' seminar in Rhode Island, so I tagged along. I snuck into a couple of sessions, and the info they were sharing was REALLY interesting. I can only imagine how good it is if I knew everything they were talking about, like Grace. She was really excited about some of the stuff she learned. When I wasn't sneaking into the seminars, I was walking around Providence, and taking pictures. Got some good shots, pared the 200+ taken down to 75 (yeah, I know, still a bunch) which I posted in the gallery.

On the house front, we're starting back up this weekend, but the First Floor project is going to be on hold for now. We still have to finish repainting the house like we started last year, and now is the time to get back to work on that. Hopefully, working together, Grace and I will make quick progress. Unlike the first floor project, stripping paint and repainting isn't rocket surgery, just takes some time and effort. I've learned how to resharpen the scrapers, too, so that'll help immensely.

Oh yeah! One more update on the house... we finally had a tile guy come in and tile the backsplash in the kitchen, and it looks GREAT. Have some pictures of that as well, just haven't posted them either.

No comments: