Thursday, July 5, 2007

First floor project on hold...

Well, according to our plan from earlier this year, the First Floor project is now on hold. Of course, we had hoped to be much farther along at this point, but that's always the case.

The reason for our pause on that project is we slated July and August as the time that we would pick up last year's project, namely repainting the house. We've started, breaking out the Silent Paint Remover and the scrapers. This weekend, we'll get scaffolding, but so far we've already done about 25% of the large wall we finished off with in November. Grace runs the heater, and I scrape. I've picked up a 6" variable speed grinder, so I can resharpen the scrapers at the end of each day, so they're good and sharp for the next day's work. I can even give them a quick resharpening when we break for lunch.

Only problem is the SPR is heating unevenly. I contacted the manufacturer, and they replied very quickly with some possible problems. I looked, and discovered we're still within the 1 year warranty - by exactly one week! So I think we'll be using it this weekend, returning it first thing Monday morning, and hoping for quick turnaround. We might have to find other stuff to do, but there are two windows on that wall (possibly three) which will need reframing, so we'll stay good and busy if we can't be scraping paint.

No comments: