Sunday, June 3, 2007

Fan guards are there for a reason...

We've got a fan set up, circulating air around the cedar for the windows. It's an old floor fan, and the protective basket that goes around the fan blades got damaged, so I took it off. Well, just in case you were curious, those guards really do make a fan safer. I've managed to get my hand whacked by fan blades twice this weekend, and both times drew quite a bit of blood.

Also, despite working (very carefully) inside the main circuit breaker panel to run new circuits, I managed to get a "tickle" from the fan motor when I reached to switch it off.

Like Dad taught me, "once you don't respect this, it'll kill ya". I guess I respect the circuit panel just a little bit more than this silly little fan. Both can still hurt, though, so be careful when you're working with stuff, even if it's not quite mortal danger.

No comments: